Vacancy: Bench Jeweller
This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant, growing business where you'll have the opportunity to grow, develop and master your craft. This is a manufacturing production role. You will be based in the workshop in the MurrayandMe studio in Manchester.
You will be comfortable in a production environment, highly organised and used to managing high volumes with meticulous attention to detail.
- Competent craftsmanship skills- Assembly, polishing, finishing, soldering, re-sizing of jewellery, repairs, clean & assemble castings to a high level
- Fluent and skilled working in solid gold and sterling silver
- Comprehensive understanding of precious and semi precious stone
- Hard working with the ability to work unsupervised to tight deadlines whilst maintaining an outstanding quality of work.
- Excellent attention to detail. Our pieces must be to the highest standard.
- Strong work ethic, trustworthy and a team player.
Desirable additional skills
- Handstamping skills would be an advantage
- Experience working under a microscope
- Laser- Welding Experience
- At least 1-2 Years Bench Experience or Jewellery Degree or Vocational Training
- Full Time/ Part time (open to discussion)
- Competitive salary based on experience level.
How to apply
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org answering the following 5 questions. Please answer all questions to be considered.
- What industry training (if any) have you had?
- How much experience do you have working at the bench?
- Do you have the skills to personalise jewellery using the handstamping technique?
- What would you bring to MurrayandMe Jewellery?
- When would you be available to join the team? Full or part time?
Applications will close on Friday 23rd July 2021.
Successful applicants will be invited for interview showing examples of your work and subsequent workshop trial.
*Professional reference required ahead of employment.